Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ingrid Mae

Ingrid made her arrival on January 12, 2012 at 10:53 am. She weighed 7lb 3oz and was 20 1/4 in long.


We arrived at the hospital at 4:00 am for my induction on the 12th. Everything was going along fine for during the early part of the induction. I was having regular contractions every couple of minutes and the doctor had broken my water and I had an epidural. Ingrid's heart rate was dropping a little bit with my contractions so the nurse decided to check me to see if I had dilated more. When she checked me, she said that she felt fingers beside the head. She called another nurse in to double check, and she agreed. They continued with the pitocin and went to call my doctor who was at another hospital. She got there about an hour later and by that time she said the hand was sticking out past the head and it was unlikely that Ingrid would be able to pull it back in. She immediately said to stop the pitocin and within about 20 minutes I was in the OR for a C section.

I had been so excited that Ingrid wasn't breech any more and it didn't really even occur to me that I might have to get a c section. So we were pretty upset when they said that I would have to have one, but at this point there was nothing we could do. Having a C section was a really strange experience, and they had a difficult time getting Ingrid out, so it was pretty rough on me.
It's been 2 weeks now, and I'm finally feeling somewhat recovered, although I still have to take things pretty slowly.

Shepherd is doing great so far with Ingrid. I'm not sure what his level of comprehension is about who she is, but he has adjusted really well. I realized that I've done a bad job of getting any pictures of the 2 of them or of all of us, so I'll try to do better in the next few weeks.

Ingrid has been a great baby. She is fairly laid back except for some occasional evening fussiness. She is sleeping pretty well for a 2 week old and usually wakes up once or twice to feed. Life with two kids is definitely busy. I'm sure it will get easier as I'm more able to help out with Shepherd.

Here are a few pictures from the hospital.

One of her first pics.


Seems like yesterday, but here is Shep 18 months ago!


Family pic in the OR.


Going home. Wearing the same dress that I wore home from the hospital 26 years ago!

Also here are some pictures from Christmas. Shepherd got some great stuff and thoroughly enjoyed himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment