Friday, March 2, 2012

2 and 20 months!

Things are going well in the Kempe house. What have we been up to? I went back to work 2 weeks ago (boo!). Ingrid started daycare last week. Shepherd moved up to a new class at school. And we are still trying to sell our house. Someone please buy our house!!! Whenever people see us out and about with both kids, especially if I'm alone they inevitably say "you've got your hands full!" To them I say, "yes I do!!" But, we are having fun (most of the time) and time is flying by!
The only pictures I have of them together are in the double stroller.
Shep isn't quite still or gentle enough yet for anything else.

Ingrid is doing great. She will be 2 months on March 12. She is getting more alert and has started smiling. She sleeps well at night and sometimes even sleeps through the night. (I am pinching myself still after going through Shepherd's sleep issues.) Maybe we have paid our dues?? There isn't much more to update on her, but we all love our Inga Mae.




Big Brother's penguin hat


Shepherd is 20 months now and seems so big! He (finally!) sleeps well at night. He loves his new baby sister, but sometimes he is not as gentle as he should be. He wakes up almost every morning with his finger over his mouth to say "shhh" because Ingrid is asleep. He is always trying to stick a paci in her mouth which is unfortunate because she isn't as big of a fan of the paci as he is. As far as talking, he still has a long way to go. He can say a lot of words, but he rarely does. The most notable thing is that his favorite word is "that." He can have an entire conversation with me and pretty much only grunt or say "that." I never knew it could mean so many things! We sure hope it's just a phase, but it has been a long phase already. He is definitely entering toddlerhood and is very opinionated. I read on a blog recently that for a toddler boy everything is always either the worst or the absolute worst. Ha! Sometimes this seems true of Shep. But overall he is a very sweet boy and we sure do love him.

I couldn't deny him some of my shamrock shake and he sure loved it!


Eating cheerios on the deck

Feeding himself yogurt. There's no other way and it is messy!

1 comment: